Warning! .. Account Hijacks !!

Public Newsbulletins

Moderators: Magicmelter, Maintenance Crew

Postby Debillus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:33 pm

A significant amount of EverQuest II and other online gaming accounts has been hacked as of late.
You can read more details about the attacks that seems to be coordinated out of China below.

What you SHOULD DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF right now is :
  1. Get UPDATED with the lastest Windows Updates, and stay updated.
  2. Update your Anti Virus program files and signatures.
    You DO have an antivirus program installed right? .. otherwise get one now !!
  3. Do a FULL scan of your computer for trojans, viruses, malware and vulnerabilities. If you still haven't installed an Anti Virus program or don't have the possibility, use the online service of this website to scan your computer.
  4. Discard vulnerable browsers, and start using safer ones.
  5. Once step 1-4 is done.. Change your Station password.

Let me emphasize. This site was never compromised. If you got infected, you got it from some other website.

Read More :
ABC News
Yahoo News
When I die I wanna go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror, like his passengers.
ESS >> Debillus, 80 Mystic :: Alminox, 80 Brigand :: Frelling, 80 Monk :: Manamenam, 80 Necromancer :: Deboom, 47 Warlock
Debillus
< Jokers Wild >
Senior Bartender
Senior Bartender

Highscores: 7

Postby Debillus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:54 pm

All incoming IP adresses from China, Iran and Nigeria are now rejected from this site.
When I die I wanna go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror, like his passengers.
ESS >> Debillus, 80 Mystic :: Alminox, 80 Brigand :: Frelling, 80 Monk :: Manamenam, 80 Necromancer :: Deboom, 47 Warlock
Debillus
< Jokers Wild >
Senior Bartender
Senior Bartender

Highscores: 7

Return to News